Evidence for Prosecutors Trainings
This program provides the necessary evidentiary framework for the prosecutor and other members of the prosecution team pre-charging, pre-trial, post-trial and most keenly, at trial.
Evidence for Prosecutors is designed to review the rules of evidence and to explore how they apply to both common and uncommon situations encountered by prosecutors and members of the prosecution team as they proceed through investigation, case preparation and case presentation. This course provides a comprehensive overview of the federal rules with knowledgeable faculty who discuss the relationship of these rules to each other and to the common law. Come ready to participate and discover answers to your most challenging evidentiary questions.
Tentative Topics include
- Hearsay Post Crawford
- Character and Other Bad Acts Evidence
- Witness Intimidation Issues: Snitches Get Stitches
- The High Profile Case: Responding to the Onslaught of Defense Motions
- Digital Evidence
- Forfeiture by Wrongdoing
- Discovery Issues: Brady and Giglio
- Recanting Witnesses
- Evidentiary Hurdles with the Introduction of Web Based Evidence
- Unusual "Syndromes" Evidence
- Top Ten Reasons Why Homicide Cases are Reversed on Appeal
- Computer Forensics
- Aggressive Motion Practice in Sexual Assault Cases
- Aggravating and Mitigating Evidence in Capital Cases
- Current Attacks on DNA Evidence
- Body Worn Cameras: Pros and Cons
- Challenges to Social Media Evidence
- Cross Examination of Mental Health Experts
- The Visual Trial
- Identification procedures: lineups, showups, and the Supreme Court
- Ethics, Evidence and Trial Issues
- Cell Phones, Cell Towers, Email, Facebook:
- 21st Century Sources of Evidence
- Child Pornography: Unique Evidentiary Issues as a Result of U.S. v. Ackerman
Pearl South Padre
310 Padre Blvd
South Padre Island, TX 78597
This 4 star hotel is centered around an oceanfront high-rise. This upscale resort is a minute's walk from the beach and 1 mile from Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark.
Nestled on the island's southern tip, the Pearl South Padre Island Resort is a premier oceanfront resort for families and couples who want to experience tranquil views and soft sand beaches in South Texas. Warm rays of sunshine and tropical breezes await your arrival. From the moment you drive down the palm tree lined brick road and discover the lush landscaping and pristine beaches, you'll know why the Pearl South Padre is South Texas' "Best on the Beach" resort destination.
After spending a fun-filled day at the beach enjoying the clear blue waters of the Texas coastline, guests can retreat to the Pearl South Padre and enjoy everything this full-service resort has to offer. Make a splash at the largest hotel swimming pool in South Texas. Grab a tropical drink at our swim-up bar or relax on our oceanfront sundeck. Enjoy a little you time, and let our massage therapists ease away your tensions at our resort spa. Dine alfresco from an ever-changing menu of fresh seafood brought in daily from the Gulf. Then retreat to your ocean-view room and enjoy the gentle sounds of waves coming ashore just outside your window.
The airy, classically decorated rooms feature private balconies with beach views, free Wi-Fi and coffeemakers.
There's a casual seafood restaurant, and a beachside bar/grill. Other amenities include an outdoor pool, a kid’s pool and a hot tub, plus live entertainment and a spa.
$101.00 — Single/Double/Triple/Quad plus 14.5% tax
Rates will be honored three (3) days pre and three (3) days post program dates, based upon room availability.
Room rate includes Complimentary Health Club entry and High Speed Internet Access in sleeping room.
Check–in is 3 pm and check out is 12 noon
To make hotel reservations, go to The Pearl Hotel Website or call central reservations department at 1-800-601-8400 and ask for the National District Attorneys Association
Hotel Cut Off date is Monday, February 20th, 2017
Complimentary Self Parking
TO SECURE YOUR ROOM RESERVATION:
Guarantee reservation with a major credit card or one night deposit.
Get a Taste of the South Padre Island Local Flavor
Continually ranked as one of the top 10 beaches in the U.S., South Padre Island provides the perfect backdrop for outdoor fun. The island's mild climate lends itself to an array of water-related sports and other outdoor South Padre Island activities year-round. Visitors can enjoy Texas hospitality coupled with the island’s small-town charm.
- Kite Boarding
- Banana Boat Rides
- Beachfront Horseback Riding (8.0 km/5.0 miles)
- Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark ( 0.2km/0.1 miles)
- Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge (24.1 km/15.0 miles)
- Gladys Porter Zoo (56.3 km/35.0 miles)
- Sea Turtle, Inc. (7.4 km/4.6 miles)
- Dolphin Watch and Eco Tours (1.3 km/0.8 miles)
- Scuba Diving at the Texas Clipper (1.3 km/0.8 miles)
- Black Dragon Pirate Cruise Ship (5.0 km /3.1 miles)
Arts and Culture
- Port Isabel Lighthouse & Museum (6.4 km/4.0 miles)
- South Padre Island Golf Club (19.3 km/12.0 miles)
- Rancho Viejo Country Club (49.7 km / 30.9 miles)
Getting To South Padre Island
- Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport (BRO) — closet airport but fewer flights
- Valley International Airport in Harlingen (VIA)
- South Padre Shuttle (VIA ONLY)
South Padre Shuttle non-stop service between Valley International Airport in Harlingen, TX and South Padre Island
45 mins to an hour depending on traffic
$25/One-Way or $40/Round Trip per passenger
To book your reservation
call toll-free: 1 (877) 774-0050.
- From Brownsville, TX
Taxi service is approx. $60 for up to two people from Brownsville
Take U.S. 77/83 southeast to exit Highway 100. Travel east to the end of Isabella Causeway, and the hotel is one block south of Padre Boulevard.
Take U.S. 77/83 southeast to exit Highway 100. Travel east to the end of Queen Isabella Causeway, and proceed south one block on Padre Boulevard.
Take Highway 48 northeast to junction Highway 100. Travel east to the end of Queen Isabella Causeway, and proceed one block on Padre Boulevard.
Central Reservations: 888-627-8347
CLE: Anticipated CLE credits will be 20 hours, including 1 hour of Ethics. NDAA will apply for CLE credit in Virginia, Tennessee, Ohio, and Texas. All other states will require the attorney to self-submit using their uniform certificate of attendance. Questions regarding CLE can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility: Open to local, state, tribal, federal, and military government prosecutors, paralegals who work in these offices and law enforcement personnel.
Member Cost until January 31, 2017
Non-Member Cost until January 31, 2017
Member Cost after January 31, 2017
Non-Member Cost after January 31, 2017
There is a $50 discount for additional attendees from the same office.
Registration fees are non-refundable. However, if you need to cancel your registration, the fees paid may be credited toward any other NDAA training in the coming twelve months from the date of cancellation.
- HERTZ offers special discounts — refer to the NDAA Corporate Discount (CPD) Number 1572962.
- AVIS also offers special discounts — refer to Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) Number D150036.
On-site registration and check–in will be held Tuesday, March 7 at 8:00am; Class Begins at 9:00am. The Course concludes Friday, March 10 at 3:45pm.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the office at (703) 549-9222 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org