Upcoming Forensic Evidence Trainings
The Forensic Evidence Course is designed with the entire prosecution team in mind! The challenges facing prosecutors, local law enforcement, investigators in prosecutors' offices as well as the laboratory professionals we work with on a daily basis seem to be increasing exponentially with the use by defendants of 21st century sources of evidence. Add to this the multitude and variety of forensic evidence that must be collected, processed and retained appropriately, and we see an amplified need to spread cutting edge education and enhanced awareness to all those working together to ensure justice in our communities. Prosecutors, law enforcement personnel, judges, and forensic professionals involved in criminal investigation and prosecution are encouraged to join us in Phoenix as we provide comprehensive training addressing the challenges inherent when investigating, engaging in pretrial preparation and presenting the violent crime case involving a variety of scientific evidence. Faculty members include prosecutors, scientists, health care and mental health care professionals, and law enforcement personnel working collaboratively to assist in providing this innovative training.
In addition to foundational topics for those new to working with these complex cases we also have planned lectures focusing on:
- Current Technological Advances in DNA
- Unusual Syndromes and Defenses
- The Visual Trial — Using Technology to Present Persuasive Evidence
- Manipulation of DNA Evidence
- Digital Traces and Traditional Trace Evidence
- Cutting Edge Technology and Resources for Prosecutors and Law Enforcement
- Cross Examination of Defense Scientific Experts
- The Application of Bloodstain Patterns to Violent Crime Scenes
- Staged Crime Scenes
- Computer Forensics: Seizing Electronic Evidence from the Cloud
- Equivocal Deaths
- Electronic Evidence Admissibility Issues
- Body Worn Cameras: Pros and Cons
- Organizational Vulnerabilities for Forensic Labs
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Complex Cold Case Investigations
- Preparing and Presenting Firearm Evidence and the Ballistics Expert
- Bite-mark Evidence
- Crime Scene Assessment and Evidence Collection Tips
- Surveillance Techniques
- Meeting Attacks on Scientific Evidence
Join your colleagues from across the country as NDAA continues its tradition of providing the best training for America’s front line of defense—America’s prosecutors and the Prosecution team!
CLE: Anticipated CLE credits, including at least one hour of Ethics will be approximately 20 hours. Advance registration for CLE will be applied for in Virginia, Tennessee, and Ohio. All other states will require the attorney to self-submit using their uniform certificate provided at the conclusion of the course. Questions regarding CLE can be directed to our Registrar and Course Coordinator, Stephanie Turner at email@example.com.
Eligibility: Prosecutors, law enforcement personnel, judges, forensic professionals involved in criminal investigation and prosecution and other members of the prosecution team.
Course Tuition: includes admission and course materials.
Note early bird specials in white boxes.
NDAA adheres to a policy of non-discrimination in admissions and administration. The first attendee from an office pays full tuition; each additional attendee from the same office will receive a $50 discount when registered at the same time.
Registration fees are non-refundable. However, if you need to cancel your registration, the fees paid may be credited toward any other NDAA training in the coming twelve months from the date of cancellation.
Tentative Course Schedule
On Site Registration: 8:00am Monday, December 11, 2017
Orientation: 9:00am Monday, December 11, 2017
Concludes: 3:30pm Thursday, December 14, 2017
Renaissance Phoenix Downtown
100 N 1st Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004
Toll Free 1-800-309-8138 • Phone 602-333-0000
The Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel provides an unforgettable retreat in the heart of the city. It is convenient to the light rail, and Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is just four miles away, eliminating the stress and hassle of travel. Stretch out in your elegant hotel room or suite, and enjoy perks like plush bedding, flat-screen TVs, premium bath products and views of downtown Phoenix. Stop by one of their on-site restaurants for tasty cuisine in an inviting atmosphere. Stay healthy and focused while you're here in the city; they offer a state-of-the-art fitness center and a heated rooftop pool.
$100.00 – Single/Double plus tax (Hotel rate subject to change based on the FY2018 federal per diem hotel rates.)
- Room rate includes complimentary Health Club entry
- Complimentary high-speed Internet access fee for all Marriott Rewards members. (Regular price of $9.95 per day)
- Newspaper delivered to room on request
Rooms will be guaranteed by the guests’ major credit card or first night’s deposit.
The deposit becomes non-refundable or the credit card will be charged if the guest does not arrive or cancels after 6pm local time on the date of arrival.
There’s a lot to see and do in and around Phoenix. Check out the list below for some ideas.
- Heard Museum
- Phoenix Art Museum
- Comerica Theater
- Arizona Science Center
- Desert Botanical Gardens
- Phoenix Zoo
- Arizona Diamondbacks - MLB at Chase Field
- Phoenix Suns — NBA at Talking Stick Resort Arena
- Arizona Cardinals — NFL at University of Phoenix Stadium
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (4 miles)
Transtyle fee: $25.00 (one way); reservation required - http://transtyle.com/
Estimated taxi fare: $21.00 (one way)