Whether you are an investigator, prosecutor, local law enforcement officer, jail officer who works closely with the prosecutor’s office, or paralegal with the prosecutor’s office, our seasoned faculty of veteran prosecutors, scientific experts and health care professionals will show you how to stay abreast of current issues that will increase your ability to successfully overcome any challenge the defense may present.
Tentative Topics Include
- Managing the High Profile Case
- The Visual Trial
- Child Homicides
- Crazy as a Fox : Unusual Syndromes and Defenses
- Causes of Death
- Crime Scene Analysis
- Staged Crime Scenes
- DNA: Overcoming Current Challenges
- Cross-Examination of the Defense Mental Health Expert
- Investigating and Prosecuting the No Body Homicide
- Manipulation of DNA Evidence
- Post Crawford Attacks on Scientific Evidence
- Preparing and Presenting Firearm Evidence
- Pretrial Evidentiary and Empanelment Issues in Death Cases
- Investigating Cold Cases
- Arguing for Death
- Ethics, the Media and Professional Responsibility
The Hyatt Regency Bellevue: Eastside Seattle
900 Bellevue Way N.E.
Bellevue, WA 98004
Room rate: $167 + 14.4% tax Single/Double/Triple/Quad
Rates will be honored three (3) days pre and three (3) days post course dates, based upon room availability.
Check in time is 4:00 pm and Check out is 12:00 noon
Room rate includes: Complimentary Health Club entry, complimentary high speed internet access for all guestrooms, and two (2) complimentary bottled waters daily and newspaper in guestrooms.
Rooms will be guaranteed by the guests’ major credit card or first night’s deposit. The deposit becomes non-refundable or the credit card will be charged if the guest does not arrive or cancels after 4pm local time on the date of arrival.
Reservations to come soon
Reservation Cut off- Monday, March 27th, 2017
Hyatt Regency Bellevue is a four-star contemporary hotel and meeting destination in the heart of Seattle's Eastside.
Just 17 miles from the Sea-Tac Int'l Airport
The hotel recommends Go Shuttle Express: 425-981-7000
Located in the parking garage —Third Floor
Approximately $19 each way
Taxi from Sea Tac can run from $35-$55 one way depending on traffic.
The Hyatt is located within The Bellevue Collection. Enjoy the Northwest's premier shopping, dining and nightlife destination consisting of three upscale complexes — Bellevue Place, Lincoln Square and Bellevue Square — The Bellevue Collection offers something for everyone, with over 250 shops, 45 restaurants and multiple entertainment venues to choose from.
Enjoy breath-taking views of the Pacific Northwest at a world-class golf course, head to the mountains for hiking, fishing or skiing or discover Seattle’s best shopping and restaurants, just minutes away.
Visit Downtown Seattle on your half day off on Wednesday, April 19th:
- Pike Place Market — a beloved Seattle landmark, welcoming more than 10 million visitors a year overlooking Elliott Bay
- The Oldest Starbucks in the country
- Variety of restaurants and shops
- The Space Needle — The permanent symbol from the 1962 World’s Fair
Taxi downtown averages $35 -$50 one way
Use the Seattle #550 bus is $2.75 each way into downtown and it stops 4 blocks from Pike’s Market — you must have exact change.
Anticipated CLE credits, including at least one and one half hours of Ethics will be approximately 20. Advance registration for CLE will be applied for in VA, TN, and OH. All other states will require the attorney to self-submit using their uniform certificate provided at the conclusion of the course. Questions regarding CLE can be directed to our Registrar and Course Coordinator, Stephanie Turner at email@example.com
Open to lawyers in local, state, tribal, federal and military government attorneys’ offices, paralegals who work in these offices , investigators and law enforcement officers who work in prosecutors’ offices or with the local law enforcement agency.
Course Tuition — includes admission and course materials
Note early bird specials in white boxes
Member Cost until February 15, 2017
Non-Member Cost until February 15, 2017
Member Cost after February 15, 2017
Non-Member Cost after February 15, 2017
NDAA adheres to a policy of non-discrimination in admissions and administration. The first attendee from an office pays full tuition. Each additional attendee from the same office will receive a $50 discount.
Registration fees are non-refundable. However, if you need to cancel your registration, the fees paid may be credited toward any other NDAA training in the coming twelve months from the date of cancellation.
Investigating and Prosecuting Homicide In the Era of Crime TV
October 9-13, 2017
St. Petersburg, FL
Registration and hotel reservation information coming soon
Homicide cases are some of the most challenging and important cases investigators and prosecutors handle during their career. Crime TV series highlight the many layers of evidentiary and ethical issues prosecutors and law enforcement face from investigation through prosecution. The public perception of homicide has shifted. What people see on TV is not necessarily the reality of a murder case. We invite you to come and join other members of the prosecution team from across the country as our experienced faculty members assist with further developing your litigation techniques, enhancing your trial skills, and responding to defenses in the era of intense media coverage and TV Crime series. You will leave this course prepared to work with the latest cutting edge investigative techniques, proactive media strategies, and presentation styles to address the media and tech savvy jury.
Tentative Topics Include
- Responding to the Innocence Project
- Cause of Death Homicide Cases
- Emerging DNA Challenges and Overcoming Defenses
- Managing the Media in Your High Profile Homicide Cases
- Ethics for the Homicide Team
- The Unique Challenges Surrounding Vehicular Homicide
- Obtaining and Using Digital Evidence
- Building Community Credibility BEFORE Your Homicide
- New Tips and Techniques for Persuading Your Jury
- Trying Your Case with Cutting Edge Technology
- The Cold Case
- Going Dark and Other Technology Challenges for Investigators and Prosecutors
- The High Tech Crime Scene Investigations
- Effective Trial Skills