Office Administration Trainings
Tight Budgets, Overwhelming Caseloads, Reduced Resources, Mandatory Furloughs, Newly Elected Chief Prosecutors, Unfunded Federal Mandates, High Profile Case Fatigue, Old Guard Tunnel Vision, Political Fallout, Costly Litigation of Employment Matters, and Prosecutor Backlash; these are just some of the issues facing management in the prosecutor’s office as well as any government attorney’s office. Chief Prosecutors, First Assistants, Supervisors of Trial and Investigative Teams and Administrative Professional Staff, must be conversant on a variety of issues. Our experienced multidisciplinary faculty members, like you, work on the front lines facing these daily challenges. Our faculty consists of attorney and non-attorney supervisors, chief prosecutors and management consultants. The Office Administration course affords you a variety of formats—workshops, lectures and brainstorming sessions designed with your interests in mind.
Some topics included in the program:
- Effective Evaluation Tools
- Hiring and Firing Decisions and Protocol
- Managing Bias Back Lash
- Transforming a Boss into a Leader
- Problem Solving: Breaking Through Barriers of Negativity
- Hitting the Campaign Trail
- Discrimination Law
- Interviewing Strategies
- Creating Paperless File Management Systems
- Increasing Morale
- Dealing with the Media
- Workplace Bullying
- Litigation of Employment Matters
- Furloughs, Layoffs and Revision of Job Duties
- Maintaining Productive Relationships with Administrative Professionals
- Revising Policy Manuals for 21st Century Technological Concerns
- Sexual Harassment
- Collaborative Community Partnerships
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Grant Writing and Management
- Communicating Effectively with your Constituents
- Abuse of Authority
- Conviction Integrity Units
- Ethical Issues and Professional Responsibility
- Procuring Affordable Technology for the Office
CLE: Anticipated CLE credits, including at least one hour of Ethics will be approximately 20 hours. Advance registration for CLE will be applied for in Virginia, Tennessee, Ohio, and New Mexico. All other states will require the attorney to self-submit using their uniform certificate provided at the conclusion of the course. Questions regarding CLE can be directed to our Registrar and Course Coordinator, Stephanie Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility: Open to all supervisory staff in prosecutors and government attorneys’ offices, i.e. lawyers in local, state, federal, tribal and military prosecutors’ offices, administrative professionals, paralegals who work in prosecutors’ offices and investigators who are employed by a prosecutor’s office.
Course Tuition: includes admission and course materials
Note early bird specials in white boxes
NDAA adheres to a policy of non-discrimination in admissions and administration. The first attendee from an office pays full tuition; each additional attendee from the same office will receive a $50 discount when registered at the same time.
Registration fees are non-refundable. However, if you need to cancel your registration, the fees paid may be credited toward any other NDAA training in the coming twelve months from the date of cancellation.
Tentative Course Schedule:
On Site Registration: 8:00am Monday, November 13, 2017
Orientation: 9:00am Monday, November 13, 2017
Concludes: Friday, November 17, 2017 at noon
La Fonda on the Plaza
100 E. San Francisco Street
Santa Fe, NM 87501
100 E. San Francisco St., Santa Fe, NM 87501
Toll Free 800.523.5002 • Phone 505.982.5511
While there are several hotels in downtown Santa Fe, The La Fonda holds the honor as The Only Santa Fe Hotel on the Plaza. Step right outside the door of this lovely 4 star hotel into a bevy of shops, galleries, historical landmarks , fine dining and fun entertainments spots. Visit the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum — just minutes away.
Charming Historic Details
La Fonda on the Plaza holds a coveted place in Santa Fe history, a component in a rich tapestry of hospitality that predates American independence. City records indicate that La Fonda sits on the site of the town's first inn, established when the city was founded by Spaniards in 1607, making this property the oldest hotel corner in America.
- Fitness center with steam rooms
- Heated outdoor pool and hot tub, open year-round
- Lounge featuring live entertainment
- Step into the past and experience the splendor of the American Southwest at La Fonda on the Plaza™, the only Santa Fe hotel situated on the historic Santa Fe Plaza. Start your adventure in Santa Fe and experience the allure of old world charm at one of the best Santa Fe hotels, where tasteful, modern conveniences blend with the warmth of authentic New Mexican style.
- Vibrant decor and authentic New Mexican architecture intermingle with indulgent amenities including Wi-Fi, concierge services, free water, a complimentary business center and more. Each of our 180 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites present an opportunity to experience the elegance of our property, boasting original artwork and hand-crafted furniture.
- An authentic example of one of Santa Fe's 4-Diamond hotels, La Fonda on the Plaza offers three classic New Mexican dining experiences including a one-of-a-kind outdoor cocktail bar. Breathtaking event venues showcase views of the Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi, creating an idyllic location for Santa Fe weddings and events while stately meeting rooms and a complimentary business center make La Fonda the ideal solution for business meetings and corporate travel. Our central location on the Santa Fe Plaza provides guests with unsurpassed access to original local artwork, entertainment and attractions.
- Car Rental On-site
$100.00 – Single/Double plus tax. (Hotel rate subject to change based on the FY2018 federal per diem hotel rates.)
- Room rate includes: Complimentary Health Club entry and High Speed Internet access in sleeping room
- Discounted parking is $10.00 plus tax
- No resort fee
- Complimentary bottled water in each guest room refreshed daily
- Room Rate is offered three days pre and post training subject to availability.
Rooms will be guaranteed by the guests’ major credit card or first night’s deposit.
The deposit becomes non-refundable or the credit card will be charged if the guest does not arrive or cancel the reservation at least forty-eight (48) hours prior to the scheduled arrival date.
Visit Santa Fe
There’s a lot to see and do in and around Santa Fe. Check out the official tourism website for some ideas.
Albuquerque International Sunport (about 1 hour from Santa Fe) — There are a variety of Airport Shuttle Services available offering Van, Taxi, Sedan services or Rent a Car to enjoy the many area landmarks
Santa Fe Municipal Airport (about 20 minutes away) — Less flights are available to and from this airport