Home > Job > Deputy Chief Assistant District Attorney
Deputy Chief Assistant District Attorney
Location: Athens, Georgia
The District Attorney’s Office in the Western Judicial Circuit has an opening for a Deputy Chief Assistant District Attorney. The following duties are normal for this position; other duties may be required and assigned:
- Supervision of 8 ADAs in completing the following, as well as cover a limited case load.
- Reviews reports submitted by law enforcement to determine whether further investigation is needed; approves or returns cases for more work; researches alternative crimes; reads and researches case law.
- Drafts accusations and indictments; evaluates and researches potential defenses; negotiates pleas to dispose of cases; dismisses cases not prosecutable.
- Develops trial strategy for each case, presents cases to grand jury; questions witnesses; answers juror’s questions; determines appropriate sentence recommendations; calls arraignment calendars; attends pre-trial conferences with judge and defense attorneys.
- Subpoenas appropriate witnesses for motions; researches and argues all pretrial and post-trial motions; files motions in appropriate time frame prior to trial. Complies with discovery requirements by copying and mailing documents.
- Training trial strategies and skills to ADAs.